“The US should put its brutal nature aside, abandon criminality and forget about dominating people of the world,” Brigadier General Mohamad Reza Naqdi told reporters on the sidelines of “Basij and Media” international conference, in Iran’s northeastern city of Mashhad.
Pointing to the US officials’ repeated rhetoric of resorting to military option against the Islamic Republic, Naqdi stressed that such an aggressive approach has ended in failure over the past 34 years.
“I wonder why the US repeats a test which has failed to yeild results in the last 34 years," the commander said of Washington’s constant threats to use military force as an option against Iran.
Brigadier General Naqdi further touched on the nations’ raised awareness of political issues in the contemporary world, and added, “The US should acknowledge that the era of bullying and arrogance has come to an end, and today is the era of nations’ dominance, because the nations have woken up.”
In relevant remarks on Monday, Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari deplored the US president’s talk of military option against Iran, and said, “Repetition of such an absurd sentence by the officials of the US and the fake and evil Zionist regime (of Israel) sounds funny to the Iranian nation.”
Last week, the White House insisted that military option to strike against Iran is still on the table if Tehran failed to keep its side of the nuclear bargain, reached recently in Geneva.
Iran and the G5+1 (also known as P5+1 or E3+3) signed a six-month deal on Tehran’s nuclear program after three rounds of intensive talks in the Swiss city of Geneva on November 24.
The deal is intended to allow time to negotiate a comprehensive agreement on Iran's nuclear program.