Long List of Options on Iran’s Table to Counter US Threats: Commander
- December, 11, 2013 - 19:21
- Defense news
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – A high-ranking Iranian military commander reiterated that any possible hostile move against the country will bring a crushing response by the Iranian military forces, adding that a comprehensive list of options exists on Iran’s table for responding hostile moves.
“The Islamic Republic of Iran monitors the US moves in the region carefully, and we have defined, planned and practiced various scenarios (to confront the US) which are ready for implementation,” Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Brigadier General Masoud Jazayeri told reporters on Wednesday.
“Our combat forces have on their agenda the required will and decision for any confrontation with the mischief of Great Satan (the US),” the commander added.
In similar remarks earlier this month, Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari deplored the US president’s talk of military option against Iran, and said, “Repetition of such an absurd sentence by the officials of the US and the fake and evil Zionist regime (of Israel) sounds funny to the Iranian nation.”
This came after the White House insisted that military option to strike against Iran is still on the table if Tehran failed to keep its side of the nuclear bargain, reached recently in Geneva.
Iran and the G5+1 (also known as P5+1 or E3+3) signed a six-month deal on Tehran’s nuclear program after three rounds of intensive talks in the Swiss city of Geneva on November 24.
The deal is intended to allow time to negotiate a comprehensive agreement on Iran's nuclear program.