No More Border Insecurity, Iranian Commander Says
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Commander of the Iranian Army Ground Force Brigadier General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan said with the implementation of new security measures, all insecurities along borders will be removed.
Speaking on Saturday, General Pourdastan said the Islamic Republic of Iran’s borders have always had good security and that through new measures planned by the General Staff of the (Iranian) Armed Forces, there will be no more insecurity in the border areas.
Asked about the latest information about the fate of Jamshid Danaeifar, a border guard recently abducted by a Pakistani-based terrorist group, he said “we have no new information in this regard”.
On February 6, the Jaish-ul-Adl terrorist group kidnapped five Iranian border guards in Jakigour region in Iran’s southeastern province of Sistan and Balouchestan and took them to Pakistan.
On Sunday, four of the five abducted Iranian border guards were released and returned home after being held hostage for two months. The fate of the fifth soldier still remains unaccounted for.
On March 23, the Jaish-ul-Adl terrorist group had announced in a Twitter message that it had killed Danaeifar. The four released border guards said that Danaeifar had been separated from them for nearly a month.
Meanwhile, Iran's Foreign Ministry announced in a Sunday statement that it will keep up efforts to shed light on the fate of Danaeifar.
Iran had earlier regretted that Islamabad has failed to fully control its borders with Iran, stressing that the Pakistani government has commitments based on the joint security agreement signed by the two countries and should fulfill those commitments.
In February 2013, Tehran and Islamabad signed a security agreement which requires both sides to take strict measures to combat terrorism and human and drug trafficking.