Iranian Commander Calls for End to Aggression on Yemen

News ID: 708213 Service: Politics
امیر پوردستان

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – A senior Iranian military commander said Saudi Arabia had better cease its attacks on Yemen.

Iran's Army Ground Force Commander Brigadier General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan on Sunday urged the Saudi military to stop its aggression on Yemen, warning Riyadh of an imminent defeat of its forces.

Signs of Saudi Arabia's failure in the military campaign against Yemen have emerged although not a single shot has been fired into the Saudi territory, the commander stressed.

In relevant comments on Thursday, Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said Riyadh has made a mistake by launching strikes on Yemen.

"The Saudis will definitely suffer losses" in the aggression and "they will by no means emerge the winner," the Leader stressed.

"The reason for this prediction is clear because the Zionists' military capability was much higher than the Saudis’ and Gaza was a small zone; however, they (Zionists) failed. But Yemen is a vast country populated by tens of millions," Ayatollah Khamenei underscored, adding that the Saudis "will certainly suffer blows in this process and they will bite the dust."

The Saudi-led coalition, including military forces from Qatar, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kuwait, Sudan, Bahrain, Morocco, Jordan, and Egypt on March 26 began to attack Yemen's Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive Yemeni President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

The airstrikes have killed more than 800 Yemeni people and injured more than 1,200 others so far.

    All Stories