Yemeni Figure Says Saudi Airstrikes Clear Example of Genocide
- October, 08, 2015 - 15:20
- Politics news
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – A Yemeni revolutionary figure lashed out at the international community’s silence over the slaughter of Yemenis by the Saudi regime, saying the killings are an obvious case of genocide.
“The siege and daily bombardment of the oppressed people of Yemen by the waning Saudi regime is a clear example of the genocide of an innocent nation,” Vice-Chairman of the High Council of Yemen's Revolution Naïf al-Qanis said.
He made the remarks in a Wednesday meeting with the Vice-Speaker of Iran’s Parliament Seyed Mohammad Hassan Abu-Torabifard here in Tehran.
Al-Qanis further lambasted international bodies over their lack of support for the people of Yemen, and urged global media to make the world aware of the humanitarian disaster in Yemen.
Saudi Arabia’s financial supports for the world media are behind their refusal to disseminate news on Yemenis’ plights, he added.
Abu-Torabifard, for his part, strongly denounced the Saudi-led aggression on impoverished Yemen, stressing that terrorist groups are backed by the Al Saud regime.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by a Saudi-led coalition for months.
On March 26, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies began to launch deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
More than 4000 people, many of them children and women, have been killed in the aggression against the Arab country so far.