Dozens of Saudi-Led Forces Killed in Southwestern Yemen
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Yemeni army backed by the popular committees of the Arabian Peninsula country killed dozens of the Saudi-led coalition forces in the southwestern province of Taiz, local reports said.
According to a report by Yemen’s al-Masirah TV, the Yemeni army and the popular committees mounted several “unique” operations in Taiz on Thursday, killing dozens of the Saudi-led forces.
A Yemeni military source said the army’s missile unit pounded positions held by the aggressors, firing Katyusha missiles in Dhubab District in Taiz province, near the Bab-el-Mandeb, a strait between the Arabian Peninsula and the Horn of Africa.
According to the report, the army’s artillery unit also bombarded a military base in the Saudi city of Jizan forcing Saudi forces to escape from the base.
Yemen's defenseless people have been under massive attacks by a coalition led by the Saudi regime for more than nine months.
On March 26, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies, including the UAE, began to launch deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
According to Yemeni sources, the death toll from the Saudi-led war so far has reached more than 7,500 people, mostly civilians.