Ansarullah Sees US behind Saudi-Led War on Yemen
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – A spokesman for Yemen’s Ansarullah Houthi movement said the Saudi-led aggression against Yemen indeed serves the interests of the United States, which seeks to restore its hegemony over Yemen.
Mohammad Abdul-Salam told the Tasnim News Agency on Monday that the continuation of aggression against Yemen, which cannot be justified anymore, is only due to the US willingness to continue the war along with Riyadh.
“They claim they are fighting the expansion of Iran’s influence throughout the region, but in fact Americans have waged this war to bring Yemen under their mandate again and force it into accepting the US hegemony and domination.
The Yemeni nation now knows better than ever that the US is the main culprit behind the war against the Arab country, and that others are just US puppets, Abdul-Salam stressed.
Washington has clearly stated that it has helped Riyadh in identifying targets and bombing Yemen and that US warships have fired missiles on Yemen, he added.
However, he stressed, the Yemeni nation is defending their popular revolution and rightful goals while fighting the Daesh (ISIL) and Al-Qaeda terrorist groups at the same time.
On March 26, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies began to launch deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
The death toll from the Saudi-led war so far has reached more than 8000 people. More than half of the total population of Yemen, some 14.4 million people, are also food insecure due to ongoing conflict and import restrictions, according to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).