Iran Condemns Terrorist Attack in Pakistan
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran’s Foreign Ministry strongly condemned a terrorist attack at a Muslim shrine in southwestern Pakistan that killed at least 52 people and wounded scores of others on Saturday.
Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi on Sunday morning expressed condolences to the Pakistani government and nation over the deadly blast, claimed by Daesh (ISIL) terrorist group.
He also reiterated the need for concerted action to uproot terrorism in the region.
The blast at the Shah Noorani shrine, located in Baluchistan province about 100 km (60 miles) north of the port city of Karachi, occurred while hundreds of people were inside.
Provincial Home Minister Sarfaraz Bugti said 52 people were killed and more than 105, including many women and children, were wounded.
The province has seen some of the worst terrorist attacks this year in Pakistan.
Daesh said in a statement via its Amaq news agency that its members had carried out the Saturday's bombing.
The terrorist group also claimed responsibility for the last major attack in the province, at a police academy last month, which killed around 60 people.