Iranian Minister: US Should Know Era of Bullying Over
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan slammed the US defense secretary for his recent remarks against the Islamic Republic and said he should be aware that the era of bullying and blame games is over.
“Today, Takfiri-Wahhabi terrorists are committing crimes in various parts of the world, in Syria and Iraq in particular, using US-made weapons and munitions,” Dehqan said on Wednesday.
The Iranian minister made the remarks in response to a recent claim made by US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, who said Yemen’s Houthi movement is firing “Iranian supplied missiles” into Saudi Arabia.
He further emphasized that the US defense secretary would be well-advised to first study the history of military confrontations and war crimes committed by previous US administrations in Vietnam, Iraq, Somalia, Afghanistan and recently in Syria and Yemen which would help him find the root causes of US allegations against Iran.
“He (Mattis) and other so-called strategist leaders of the US should be aware that the era of bullying, blame games and interference from a self-righteous position is over…,” Dehqan went on to say.
Speaking to reporters on his way to Riyadh, Mattis said, “It has gone on for a long time, we see Iranian supplied missiles being fired by the Houthis into Saudi Arabia and this is something… that has simply got to be brought to an end.”
While US officials keep making allegations against Iran, they opt to close their eyes to the plight of Yemen’s defenseless people who have been under massive attacks by a coalition led by the Saudi regime for more than two years.
According to a recent report by Yemen’s Legal Center of Rights and Development, the Saudi-led aggression has claimed the lives of over 12,000 Yemenis and left more than 20,000 others wounded so far.