Two Israelis Killed in Occupied West Bank: Report
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – At least two Israelis were killed in a stabbing attack in the illegal Israeli settlement of Neve Zuf in the occupied West Bank on Friday night amid ongoing tensions between Israeli soldiers and Palestinian protesters in the occupied territories, a report said.
An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma'an news agency that an assailant entered a home in the settlement, also known as Halamish, and stabbed four Israelis.
They added that two of the Israelis succumbed to their wounds, while the two others were hospitalized.
The assailant was shot, the spokesperson said, although at of 11:15 p.m., they could not state whether the attacker was dead or not.
However, Israeli news outlets reported that three Israelis -- a man and a woman in their sixties, and a man in his forties -- had been killed, while another woman was being treated.
Fawzi Barhoum, Hamas spokesman in Gaza, said in an emailed press statement that the movement "hails and blesses the heroic operation that was a response to the Zionist violations and all its crimes against our people in Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque."
He added that "the operation reiterates that our people's target is Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque and their only choice is resistance to defend our lands and liberate it."
He said Hamas holds Israel responsible for all consequences.
The deadly attack took place after three Palestinians were killed by Israelis during violent clashes on Friday.