Continued Blockade of Yemen Result of UN Silence, US Support: Political Figure
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The secretary general of the Yemeni Youth for Justice and Development party said the blockade of Yemen by Saudi Arabia continues due to the United Nations’ silence and the US support.
In an interview with Tasnim, Bakil al-Hamini referred to the tight air, land and sea blockade of Yemen and said, “The fact is that if it hadn’t been for UN silence and US support, Saudi Arabia would never have dared to impose (such) critical conditions on the people of Yemen.”
He stressed that the UN and its secretary general should adopt a clear stance against the Saudi siege on Yemen.
Al-Hamini further pointed to the brutal attacks by the Saudi-led coalition against Yemen’s defenseless people and said that Yemenis believe that “firing missile at the aggressors is their right.”
Commenting about the recent Yemen missile attack targeting the international airport in Riyadh, he said the missile command of the Yemeni army and Popular Committees demonstrated it capability to target the capitals of all hostile countries.
A spokesperson for the Yemeni army confirmed last Sunday that the Arab country’s military forces targeted the King Khalid international airport in Riyadh by a long-range ballistic missile.
The Saudi regime also confirmed the missile attack.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the Saudi-led coalition for more than two and half years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.