Several Saudi Mercenaries Killed in Yemeni Army Attacks
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The forces of the Yemeni army and Popular Committees, in retaliatory attacks against Saudi-paid forces, killed several mercenaries in the provinces of Taiz, Lahj and Baidha.
A number of Saudi mercenaries were killed and others injured in two attacks by the army and Popular Committees in the southwestern province of Taiz, a military official told Yemen’s Saba News Agency on Wednesday.
The attacks targeted mercenaries’ sites in Molia village and nearby Jabal Habashi, killing several mercenaries and injuring others, the official said.
He added that as a result of another attack on al-Nabea Mountain in Himiar area of Maqbna district and nearby hills, a number of mercenaries were killed and several of them were injured.
In another development, the army and Popular Committees launched an attack on the Saudi-paid mercenaries’ sites in southern Kahbob area in the southern province of Lahij, a military official told Saba Wednesday.
The offensive targeted al-Tabba al-Baidha located south of Kahbob and inflicted heavy casualties on enemy, the official said.
Saudi mercenaries also suffered heavy losses in an attack which occurred in Haid Lamsan and al-Josaima areas in Qaifa front, he added.
The attacks against Saudi forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the Saudi-led coalition.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than two and half years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.