Yemen’s Ansarullah Rejects Report on Secret Talks with Saudi Arabia
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – A leader of Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement dismissed as untrue media reports about “secret talks” between the group and Saudi Arabia to end the Riyadh-led war on Yemen.
Speaking to Lebanon’s Arabic-language Al Mayadeen TV network, the Houthi leader said Ansarullah spokesman Mohammad Abdulsalam has had no secret meeting or dialogue with Saudi Arabia.
In a report on Thursday, Reuters said Saudi Arabia and Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement are “holding secret talks to try to end a three-year-old war that has unleashed the world’s worst humanitarian crisis”.
According to the report, two diplomats and two Yemeni officials said Abdulsalam had been in direct communication with Saudi officials in Oman on a comprehensive solution to the conflict.
The report came as Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for almost three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.