Tabriz Municipality Palace: The City Hall, Main Office of the Municipal Gov't of Tabriz
TEHRAN (Tasnim) - Sa'at Tower (Clock Tower), also known as Tabriz Municipality Palace, is the head office of the municipal government of Tabriz, northwest of Iran.
- April, 09, 2018 - 14:48
The Tabriz municipality's "Sa'at Tower" was built in 1925 under supervision of German engineers and based on a German style. After World War II it was used by the Azarbaijan Democrat Party as a Government Office.
When the Iranian troops regained control of Tabriz in 1947, the building was again used as the Tabriz municipal central offices, a function which has continued up to the present day.
During the 1990s, in an attempt for installing an elevator, one of Sa'at's patios was damaged. The dome in top of the Sa'at tower was reconstructed on 2008 with a new khaki colored fiber glass instead of the original silver colored dome.
In recent years some parts of the building are decorated in function of museum called municipal museum or City museum of Tabriz. This museum is considered as the first museum of history in Iran’s municipalities. It was opened in 2007 coinciding with the 100th anniversary of establishment of the municipality in Tabriz.
The museum covers an area of 800 square meters and consists of different halls like: Old Cars and Cameras hall, a hall dedicated to Iran-Iraq war, Publishing hall, Carpet hall, Contemporary art hall, Calligraphy hall, the hall of Wisdom and some other halls.
Source: Oruj Travel