Fresh Saudi Airstrikes Kill Civilians in Yemen’s Hudaydah
- April, 18, 2018 - 09:29
- World news
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – At least six civilians were killed after Saudi warplanes heavily pounded residential areas in Yemen's western province of Hudaydah.
A Yemeni military source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said on Tuesday that Saudi jets hit civilian targets in the area of al-Haed, in Hais district, claiming the lives of at least six people, including women and children, Saba news agency reported.
The Yemeni agency said that at least one child was also killed and her mother and sister were injured after Saudi warplanes hit their house in Bakil al-Mir district in the northwestern province of Hajjah.
Additionally, at least two civilians lost their lives after Saudi snipers mortally injured them in Manba border district in the northern province of Sa’ada on Monday, Saba further reported, citing an unnamed security official.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for over three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.