Yemeni Forces Repel Saudi Attacks in Najran, Asir
- June, 09, 2018 - 16:05
- World news
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Yemeni army and popular committees repelled a major attack by Saudi troops from the kingdom’s southern border region of Najran, a source said.
Dozens of Saudi troops were killed and injured in Najran after they attempted to sneak into Yemeni territories from Shabaka military post, a military source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Saba news agency on Saturday.
The source added that the Saudi forces, backed by warplanes and drones, failed to make any progress in their attack.
A similar attack by the Saudi forces was also repulsed by Yemeni soldiers close to Saudi Arabia's southwestern border region of Asir near Alib crossing.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.