Two Commanders among 8 Saudis Killed in Yemen’s Attack on Asir

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The forces of the Yemeni army and popular committees, in a retaliatory attack against the Riyadh-led coalition in Saudi Arabia’s southwestern region of Asir, killed eight members of the Saudi military, including two senior commanders, local reports said on Sunday.

Two Commanders among 8 Saudis Killed in Yemen’s Attack on Asir

Musa al-Qabati and Sadeq al-Ba'ni, the two commanders of the Saudi army, and six other servicemen were killed in an operation of the Yemeni army’s snipers against the Saudi-led positions in Asir, a Yemeni military source was quoted as saying by the Arabic-language al-Masirah TV.

The source further said Qabati and his companions were killed in an operation mounted by the sniper unit of the Yemeni army and popular committees, while Ba'ni was killed in an artillery attack by the Yemeni forces.

In another development, Yemeni fighters repelled massive ground and air attacks by aggressors in Jizan, causing a lot of damage and casualties to the Saudi-led coalition.

The attacks against the Saudi forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.

Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.

Related news
Most Visited in World
Top World stories
Top Stories