Iran Raps Saudi Massacre of Yemeni Civilians in Hudaydah

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi strongly condemned the Saudi-led coalition’s latest air strikes on Yemen’s western port city of Hudaydah, which killed scores of people, deploring the attacks on civilians as war crimes.

Iran Raps Saudi Massacre of Yemeni Civilians in Hudaydah

In a statement released on Friday, Qassemi described the Thursday attacks on civilians in Hudaydah as “the constant repetition of genocide and heinous crimes in Yemen committed by Saudi Arabia and its allies.”

By shedding the blood of the Yemeni people and attacking civilian targets such as hospitals, residential houses and public places, Saudi Arabia is making up for its defeats and failures in the battlefields, the spokesman said.

Such attacks are “nothing but war crimes”, he said, adding that their continuation on a daily basis and international organizations’ silence on such measures have worsened the situation of the Yemeni people.

The Saudi-led coalition conducted airstrikes in Hudaydah on Thursday, killing at least 52 people and wounding 100 others, according to the Arabic-language al-Masirah TV.

The airstrikes took place close to the city's main public hospital, al-Thawra, and near a popular fish market, the Yemeni officials said. The wounded, mostly civilians, were hospitalized.

Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

Over 16,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.

Related news
Most Visited in Politics
Top Politics stories
Top Stories