Scores of Saudi-Paid Mercenaries Killed, Injured in Najran, Jizan
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Dozens of Saudi-paid mercenaries were killed and injured on Sunday in separate operations launched by the Yemeni army and popular forces in the Saudi border regions of Najran and Jizan, a military official said.
In Najran, the army targeted Saudi-led mercenaries' gatherings in Bokaa area, killing and injuring scores of them, the official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Saba news agency on Monday.
Yemen’s artillery also targeted the mercenaries in the area.
In a separate development in the kingdom's border region of Jizan, Yemeni snipers gunned down two militants in east of mountain Dod.
The attacks against the Saudi-led forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by Riyadh.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and the accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.