Yemen Inflicts Heavy Casualties on Saudi Forces, Mercenaries in West Coast
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Yemen's army spokesman Brigadier General Sharaf Luqman said the Arabian Peninsula country’s forces have carried out a massive retaliatory operation against the Saudi-led coalition, inflicting heavy casualties on the alliance and its mercenaries in the west coast region.
The forces of the Yemeni army and Popular Committees, in a “unique and rapid” operation, targeted the positions of the Riyadh-led coalition and its mercenaries, hitting a newly established base of the aggressors in the west coast region, Brigadier General Luqman said.
During the operation, the artillery and drone units of the Yemeni army and popular committees dealt “painful blows” to the alliance and the militants, he added.
“This unique operation represents the progress, solidarity and efficiency of the forces of the (Yemeni) army and Popular Committees in joint quick operations against the enemy’s major and strategic centers,” the commander noted.
The attacks against the Saudi-led forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
The Yemeni Ministry of Human Rights announced in a statement on March 25 that the war had left 600,000 civilians dead and injured until then. The war and the accompanying blockade have also caused famine across Yemen.