IRGC Commander Pledges Revenge for Terror Attack in SE Iran

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari said his forces are determined to take severe revenge on terrorists behind a suicide attack in southeast Iran that killed 27 IRGC forces.

IRGC Commander Pledges Revenge for Terror Attack in SE Iran

In a message released on Thursday, Major General Jafari expressed his condolences over the martyrdom of the IRGC forces in the southeastern province of Sistan and Balouchestan.

The “savage terrorist” attack last night that led to the martyrdom of 27 IRGC forces and the wounding of some others, only two days after the presence of millions of Iranians in the marches marking the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic Revolution, indicated the impact of the Iranian people's strong slap on the face of leaders of the hegemonic system and the Zionist regime and their evil acts to retaliate for their historic defeat, the commander stated.

The IRGC is now more determined than ever to continue its path and take harsh revenge against the evil enemies who are linked with the global arrogance (the US), he added.

Earlier in the day, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said there are clear links between the terror attack and spy agencies of some countries in the region and beyond, urging the Iranian security organizations to seriously pursue the issue.

The IRGC personnel were traveling between the cities of Zahedan and Khash, in Sistan and Balouchestan, when their bus was targeted in a suicide car bomb attack.

The IRGC’s Quds Base said in a statement that an explosives-laden car rammed into the bus, which was taking the personnel back to their homes.

The attack killed 27 IRGC members and injured 13 others.

The so-called Jaish ul-Adl terrorist group has reportedly claimed responsibility for the attack.

Related news
Most Visited in Politics
Top Politics stories
Top Stories