MP Highlights Saudi, Emirati Role in Terror Attack in Southeast Iran
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – An Iranian lawmaker said reports suggest that Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have provided intelligence support for the perpetrators of a recent terrorist attack that killed 27 Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) members in southeast Iran.
Speaking to Tasnim, member of the Iranian Parliament’s National Security and Foreign Policy Commission Mohammad Ebrahim Rezaee said his commission had a meeting with Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi, Intelligence Ministry officials, an IRGC representative, and the governor of Sistan and Balouchestan on Sunday.
The officials in the meeting provided a description of the February 13 terrorist attack on the IRGC forces, he added.
According to the lawmaker, the reports provided in the Sunday’s session reveal that the terrorist attack had been carried out with the intelligence support of Saudi Arabia and the UAE, and the explosives used in the attack had been brought into the country from Pakistan.
A bus carrying IRGC personnel was traveling between the cities of Zahedan and Khash, in Sistan and Balouchestan, on February 13, when it was targeted in a suicide car bomb attack.
The attack, claimed by the so-called Jaish ul-Adl terrorist group, killed 27 IRGC members and injured 13 others.