Dozens of Saudi Mercenaries Killed in Yemeni Missile Attack
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The forces of the Yemeni army ad Popular Committees mounted a missile attack against the Saudi-led coalition’s position in the kingdom’s border region of Jizan, killing and injuring more than 70 forces of the alliance, local reports said on Wednesday.
In the missile attack carried out in the early hours of Wednesday, over 70 forces affiliated to the Riyadh-led coalition were killed in Jizan, a Yemeni military source said, according to the Arabic-language al-Masirah TV network reported.
The military source further emphasized that a number of the coalition’s commanders and officers are among those killed or injured.
Earlier, the missile command of the Yemeni army had targeted and successfully hit the Saudi positions in the same area with two domestically made ballistic missiles dubbed “Badr-1”, according to the report.
The attacks against the Saudi-led forces came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for about four years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.