Iran’s Top General Highlights 40 Years of US Failure in Face of IRGC

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Major General Mohammad Hossein Baqeri said the US government’s think tanks have failed over the past 40 years in the face of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC).

Iran’s Top General Highlights 40 Years of US Failure in Face of IRGC

In a message on Sunday marking the anniversary of the IRGC’s establishment, Major General Baqeri, once again, condemned the Trump administration’s blacklisting of the IRGC as “contrary to official and customary international regulations” and said the US move has roots in the country’s “anger and strategic dead-end” in the face of Iran’s deterrent power.

The “historical memory of the Iranian nation” testifies that the IRGC has managed to properly respond to threats posed by the enemies against the Islamic Republic and boost the country’s “national power” within the framework of its defense doctrine, the top general said.

It has also managed to defeat the US government’s think tanks over the past 40 years and institutionalize Iran’s regional power, he added.

US President Donald Trump announced on April 8 that Washington is designating the IRGC a foreign “terrorist organization”, marking the first time the US has formally labeled another country’s military a terrorist group.

On the eve of the Israeli parliamentary elections last week, Prime Minister Netanyahu took credit for Trump’s decision to blacklist IRGC. “Thank you, my dear friend, President Donald Trump,” Netanyahu tweeted in Hebrew, “for answering another one of my important requests.”

Responding to the move, Iran’s Supreme National Security Council immediately declared the US as a state sponsor of terrorism and US forces in the region terrorists.

The SNSC said it has put CENTCOM on its terror list as a “reciprocal measure” against the US “illegal and unwise” move.

Related news
Most Visited in Politics
Top Politics stories
Top Stories