Iran’s Zarif Unveils Bolton’s 2017 Recipe for Killing JCPOA
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said the White House is following a recipe prepared by US National Security Adviser John Bolton in 2017 to destroy the 2015 nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers.
“Wanna know why those with proven record of detesting diplomacy are suddenly interested in talks? Just read @AmbJohnBolton's 2017 recipe for destroying the #JCPOA: https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/08/iran-nuclear-deal-exit-strategy-john-bolton-memo-trump/,” Zarif tweeted late on Tuesday.
It came after Bolton said earlier in the day that US President Donald Trump had held the “door open to real negotiations”.
"All that Iran needs to do is to walk through that open door," he told reporters in al-Quds on Tuesday.
In his tweet, the top Iranian diplomat added, “Iran never left the negotiation table. #B_Team dragged the US out, while plotting for war”.
Zarif has repeatedly said that Bolton along with his B Team accomplices - Bin Salman, Bin Zayed and "Bibi"- is trying to push Trump "into a confrontation he doesn't want”.
On May 8, 2018, Trump pulled his country out of the JCPOA, a 159-page nuclear agreement between Iran and the Group 5+1 (Russia, China, the US, Britain, France and Germany) came into force in January 2016.
The US has also moved to ratchet up pressure on Iran by tightening its oil sanctions and sending military reinforcements to the Persian Gulf region.