Iran at Peak of Power: IRGC Deputy Commander

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Deputy Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) for Coordination Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi highlighted Iran’s full preparedness to counter any foreign threat and said even the enemies acknowledge that the Islamic Republic has become a major power.

Iran at Peak of Power: IRGC Deputy Commander

Speaking to Tasnim in the central city of Qom, Rear Admiral Fadavi referred to the resilience and resistance of the Islamic Republic over the past 40 years against its enemies and said today, the Islamic Revolution is at “the peak of power”.

He added that developments of the past weeks and months have caused the world, even the Americans, to acknowledge that the Islamic Revolution is a source of power and that they are in a passive position in the face of Iran’s might.

The top commander also emphasized that through “synergy”, the power of the country can be increased even further.

“Today, we are in a situation where enemies are seeking to deter Iran’s power,” he said. 

The remarks came against the backdrop of increased tensions between Iran and the US after the Islamic Republic shot down an advanced US spy drone over its territorial waters and also recent attacks by Yemeni forces on Saudi oil facilities, with Washington and Riyadh claiming Iran was behind them.

The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps said on June 20 that a US spy drone that violated the Iranian territorial airspace in the early hours of the day was shot down by the IRGC Aerospace Force’s air defense unit near the Kooh-e-Mobarak region in the southern province of Hormozgan.

The intruding drone was reportedly shot by Iran’s homegrown air defense missile system “Khordad-3rd”.

Tensions between the US and Iran escalated further after Yemeni armed forces conducted a large-scale operation against Saudi Arabia’s Aramco oil installations last month, in response to the Saudi-led war on their country.

The Yemeni Houthi Ansarullah movement immediately took credit for the attacks, but US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo swiftly accused Iran of being behind the assault, without providing any evidence. Tehran categorically rejected the allegations.

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia claimed that the strikes on its oil infrastructure came from the “north” and were “unquestionably” sponsored by Iran, adding that the Houthis were not responsible for the assault despite claiming it.

Shortly after the Saudi announcement, the spokesman for Yemeni Armed Forces, however, reiterated it was behind the weekend attack, stressing that the Houthis have new drones, powered by “normal and jet engines” that can reach targets deep in Saudi Arabia.

“Our forces have reached a high level of efficiency and ability. They can manufacture various types of unmanned aerial vehicles in record time. The Second Deterrent Balance Operation, which targeted Saudi oil installations, is a perfect example of the capabilities of our forces in terms of planning and implementation,” Brigadier General Yahya Saree said during a press conference in the capital Sana’a.

Related news
Most Visited in Politics
Top Politics stories
Top Stories