Hamed Lak Named Best 2020 ACL Player
- January, 24, 2021 - 14:09
- Sports news
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Persepolis football team goalkeeper Hamed Lak is Asia’s Choice for the Best AFC Champions League Player of 2020.
The 30-year-old shot-stopper resoundingly won the award, which recognizes the best performer in the 2020 AFC Champions League season, based on votes from a combination of fans and independent experts.
Lak prevailed ahead of Ulsan Hyundai FC midfielder Yoon Bit-garam, who finished second having received the official award for the competition’s Most Valuable Player following the final in Doha on December 19.
Despite Persepolis’ defeat in the decider, Lak was instrumental in its charge through the tournament, with the Iranian side stringing together seven successive matches without conceding from open play.
In the eight games during the competition which featured Lak, Persepolis conceded a total of four goals - three of which were scored directly from penalty kicks. The other was conceded after Lak saved a Júnior Negrão spot-kick in the final, with the Brazilian striker converting from the rebound.
Making his achievement all the more impressive, Lak only joined Persepolis in September before keeping a total five clean sheets in eight appearances.
Top 10 Total Points
1. Hamed Lak – Persepolis FC 47.14
2. Yoon Bit-garam - Ulsan Hyundai 19.62
3. Bashar Resan – Persepolis FC 11.36
4. Abderrazak Hamdallah - Al Nassr 7.53
5. Júnior Negrão - Ulsan Hyundai 6.54
6. Renato Augusto - Beijing FC 3.06
7. Shoja Khalilzadeh – Persepolis FC 1.67
8. Sultan Al Ghannam - Al Nassr 1.19
9. Jaloliddin Masharipov - Pakhtakor 0.66
10. Kyogo Furuhashi - Vissel Kobe 0.54