Iran Prepared for Harsh Encounter with Threats: Top General
- May, 23, 2021 - 12:57
- Politics news
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces highlighted the military readiness to deal with all threats severely and protect the country’s national interests with constantly growing defense capabilities.
Major General Mohammad Hossein Baqeri on Sunday released a message on the occasion of the anniversary of liberation of Khorramshahr, a city in southwestern Iran that had been occupied by the Iraq's Baathist army in the early 1980s under former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein.
In his message, the top commander said the “policy of boosting power for defense, offense and deterrence” is always on the agenda of the Iranian Armed Forces.
The Iranian military forces maintain intelligence dominance and are fully prepared for harsh and courageous confrontation with any threat against the country’s independence, territorial integrity and national interests, he underscored.
The general also said this year’s anniversary of liberation of Khorramshahr has coincided with the Palestinian resistance forces’ victory over the fake and child-murdering Zionist regime in a new Intifada.
While the flag of Palestine has been raised across the occupied territories and Gaza, the occupiers of al-Quds have run for shelters humiliatingly as the Zionist regime’s nest, like the spider web, has become shakier than ever, he stated.
Iranian military and political officials have repeatedly warned the enemies about the dire consequences of a military action against the Islamic Republic.
In comments in April 2018, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei said the US is aware of the crushing response it will have to face in case of taking military action against Iran.
The era of hit and run is now over, and the US knows that if it gets entangled in military action against Iran, it will receive much harsher blows, Ayatollah Khamenei underlined.