Iran’s Marouf among 2014 FIVB World League Dream Team
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran’s setter Saeid Marouf has been chosen as the best setter of the 2014 FIVB World League.
The Iranian captain helped his team finish in the top four of the FIVB World League Final Four for the first time in history.
It is Iran’s best ever World League performance. In its debut season, 2013, Iran finished ninth.
Iran lost to Italy 3-0 (25-22, 25-18, 25-22) in bronze medal match, while US defeated Brazil 3-1 (31-29, 21-25,25-20,25-23) in the final match on Sunday.
2014 World League Dream Team
• 1st Best Outside Spiker: Taylor Sander (USA)
• 2nd Best Outside Spiker: Lucarelli (Brazil)
• 1st Best Middle Blocker: David Lee (USA)
• 2nd Best Middle Blocker: Lucas (Brazil)
• Best Libero: Salvatore Rossini (Italy)
• Best Setter: Mir Saeid Marouflakrani (Iran)
• Best Opposite Spiker: Wallace (Brazil)
• Most Valuable Player: Taylor Sander (USA)
The MVP received $30,000 in prize money, with the other award winners collecting $10,000 each.