Iran Disbands Terrorist Cell in Southeast Province
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Iranian security forces have managed to smash a terrorist cell in the southeastern province of Sistan and Balouchestan, seizing 350 kilograms of explosives, the intelligence minister announced on Saturday.
Iran’s intelligence forces launched complicated operations on February 5 and 11, destroying several strongholds of the terrorist cell and arrested a number of members of the group, Iran’s Intelligence Minister Seyed Mahmoud Alawi told a press conference on Saturday.
The operations were mounted in collaboration with the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) forces, law enforcement forces as well as local residents, he said.
The minister added that the arrested terrorists have had a hand in a number of heinous crimes, including the killing of local teachers and security forces.
Earlier this month, Alawi had said that two terrorist groups involved in murdering teachers in the southeastern town of Saravan have been arrested.
Back on January 2, unknown gunmen shot dead 2 people in the village of Nasirabad, near the town of Qasr-e Qand in province of Sistan and Balouchestan.
One of the victims was a teacher in the village, named Issa Shahraki. The terrorist attack had also claimed the life of an IRGC staffer.