Bomb Blast Kills 2 Children, Wounds 3 in N. Afghanistan
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Two children were killed and three others sustained injuries as a bomb blast hit Imam Sahib district in Afghanistan’s northern Kunduz province on Wednesday, a local official said.
"A mine planted by militants under a bridge in Imam Sahib district went off at around 10:00 am local time, killing two children and injuring three others, including two children and a woman," district governor Imamudin Qurishi told Xinhua.
He also blamed the attack on the enemies of peace, a reference to the Taliban militants. However, the armed group, which is fighting the government and are active in parts of Imam district and the neighboring Dasht-e-Archi district, has yet to claim responsibility.
With more than 5,000 civilian casualties so far this year, 2015 may become the most violent year for Afghan civilians since 2001.