Work on Temporary Housing for Quake-Hit People to Start Soon: IRGC Commander

News ID: 1578534 Service: Society/Culture
حضور سرلشکر جعفری در کرمانشاه

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Commander Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari said temporary accommodations are slated to be provided for thousands of quake-stricken people in western Iran soon.

Major General Jafari visited the affected areas in the western province of Kermanshah on Sunday to assess the process of the IRGC’s relief operations in the province.

Speaking at a meeting with high-ranking commanders and officials of the IRGC, Major General Jafari underlined that the focus of relief efforts so far has been on the basic needs of the fellow compatriots affected by the earthquake.

The commander also said the responsibility of providing temporary accommodation for locals of quake-hit villages has been shouldered by Khatam al-Anbia Construction Base, a conglomerate belonging to the IRGC.

He further expressed the hope that the process of building and preparing residential settlements and temporary housing for the quake-hit people will begin soon and their needs will be met by the next two months.

In order to expedite reconstruction activities, the Iranian Army and IRGC forces are working hand in hand in the province.

In remarks released on Sunday, Iran’s Army Commander Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi said 50 cargoes of mobile restrooms and bathrooms have been sent to the quake-stricken province by the Army.

Figures show that 436 people died and more than 9,000 others were wounded in the 7.3 magnitude temblor, whose epicenter was near Iraq’s Sulaymaniyah.

According to President Hassan Rouhani, the earthquake has destroyed 11,000 rural houses and 4,500 urban dwellings in Kermanshah province.

    All Stories