Top Commander Dismisses Reports about Iran’s Assistance to Yemen

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Deputy Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Brigadier General Massoud Jazayeri rejected media reports claiming that the Islamic Republic is providing Yemen with military and missile assistance.

Top Commander Dismisses Reports about Iran’s Assistance to Yemen

“Reports about the Islamic Republic of Iran’s military and missile assistance to Yemen are false,” General Jazayeri said on Saturday.

He added that the legitimate government of Yemen and the Arab county’s fighters are capable of meeting their defense needs without the help of others.

The Iranian general further stressed that Tehran delivers only humanitarian aid to the impoverished Arab country.

On Thursday, Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Commander Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari said Iranian military advisers are providing advisory assistance to Yemen’s Houthi Ansarallah movement at the request of the Arabian Peninsula country.

“Our assistance to the Resistance Front (countries) has been provided at the request of their people and their governments, and Yemen is one of the examples (of such assistance),” Major General Jafari told reporters in Tehran.

The commander added that the Islamic Republic of Iran spares no effort to provide such assistance for the Yemenis and continues to take the same path in the future.

The remarks came as Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by a coalition led by the Saudi regime for nearly three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.

Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.

Most Visited Defense news
Top Defense stories
Top Stories