Bomb Attack Hits Foreign Convoy in Afghanistan’s Kandahar

KABUL (Tasnim) – A bomb explosion targeted a convoy of international troops near the airport in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar on Sunday.

Bomb Attack Hits Foreign Convoy in Afghanistan’s Kandahar

According to Tasnim dispatches, a car bomb targeted a convoy of foreign forces in Daman area of Kandahar in the morning.

A provincial security source said two Afghan civilians were wounded after NATO and US-led coalition forces opened fire in the area following the blast.

"Initially an explosion went off near a mobile patrol of coalition forces Sunday morning near Kandahar airport. The foreign security force secured the area and warned people to keep away from the site," the source said, according to Xinhua. 

Some passersby ignored the warning and tried to pass the area and two civilians were wounded by ensuing gunshots, he added.

It was not immediately known if the blast causes casualties or damage. The source added that an investigation was launched into the incident.

No group has so far claimed the responsibility for the bombing.

 

Most Visited in World
Top World stories
Top Stories