Iran Arrests 8 Suspects in Terror Attack on IRGC Forces
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Iranian security forces have detained 8 suspects in a recent terrorist attack that killed the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) personnel in the province of Sistan and Balouchestan, a provincial official announced.
Head of the justice department of Sistan and Balouchestan, Ebrahim Hamidi, said on Thursday that the province’s police and security forces have so far arrested 8 suspects in the recent terror attack on the IRGC forces in southeast Iran.
He said two of them have been arrested on Wednesday and Thursday.
According to the judicial official, one of the six suspects arrested in the past days is a woman who was the owner of the vehicle used in the terrorist attack.
A bus carrying IRGC personnel was traveling between the cities of Zahedan and Khash, in Sistan and Balouchestan on February 13, when it was targeted in the suicide car bomb attack.
Twenty-seven IRGC members were killed and 13 others injured in the attack, claimed by the so-called Jaish ul-Adl terrorist group based in Pakistan.
In a statement on Monday, the IRGC public relations department said its Quds Base in southeast Iran found clues as to the hideout of the terrorists in Sistan and Balouchestan.
In a rapid operation on Sunday night, the IRGC forces detected and raided several dwellings in the cities of Saravan and Khash where a number of elements behind the recent terrorist attack were hiding in and arrested them.
Three terrorists were captured in the operation, while 150 kilograms of explosives as well as 600 kilograms of explosive materials in production and a number of weapons and some ammunition were confiscated.
According to the IRGC, the terrorists arrested in the operation were the same elements who had prepared the explosive-laden vehicle used in the February 13 attack and had provided support for the suicide bomber.