IRGC Commander: Americans Dare Not Fire Even A Single Bullet at Iran
- October, 14, 2019 - 11:27
- Politics news
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Deputy Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) for Coordination Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi highlighted the enemies’ fear of Iran’s military power and said the Americans dare not fire even a single shot at the Islamic Republic.
“Our enemies are among the most vicious people, who have spoken and acted against the (Islamic) Revolution and the establishment since the beginning of the revolution,” Rear Admiral Fadavi told Tasnim.
These behaviors and remarks of the vicious enemies continue, he said, adding that, however, the power of the Islamic Republic of Iran has reached a level that the enemy acknowledges it.
“Enemies should be aware that they will receive a tough, firm and decisive response (from Iran) for the smallest acts against the country and the Islamic Revolution,” the top commander stressed.
He went on to say that with the passing of more than 30 years after the end of the Iraqi imposed war on Iran, the enemies dare not fire even a single shot at the Islamic Republic, which shows that they are well aware of the power of the country.
The remarks came against the backdrop of increased tensions between Iran and the US after the Islamic Republic shot down an advanced US spy drone over its territorial waters and also recent attacks by Yemeni forces on Saudi oil facilities, with Washington and Riyadh claiming Iran was behind them.
The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps said on June 20 that a US spy drone that violated the Iranian territorial airspace in the early hours of the day was shot down by the IRGC Aerospace Force’s air defense unit near the Kooh-e-Mobarak region in the southern province of Hormozgan.
The intruding drone was reportedly shot by Iran’s homegrown air defense missile system “Khordad-3rd”.
Tensions between the US and Iran escalated further after Yemeni armed forces conducted a large-scale operation against Saudi Arabia’s Aramco oil installations last month, in response to the Saudi-led war on their country.
The Yemeni Houthi Ansarullah movement immediately took credit for the attacks, but US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo swiftly accused Iran of being behind the assault, without providing any evidence. Tehran categorically rejected the allegations.
Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia claimed that the strikes on its oil infrastructure came from the “north” and were “unquestionably” sponsored by Iran, adding that the Houthis were not responsible for the assault despite claiming it.
Shortly after the Saudi announcement, the spokesman for Yemeni Armed Forces, however, reiterated it was behind the weekend attack, stressing that the Houthis have new drones, powered by “normal and jet engines” that can reach targets deep in Saudi Arabia.
“Our forces have reached a high level of efficiency and ability. They can manufacture various types of unmanned aerial vehicles in record time. The Second Deterrent Balance Operation, which targeted Saudi oil installations, is a perfect example of the capabilities of our forces in terms of planning and implementation,” Brigadier General Yahya Saree said during a press conference in the capital Sana’a.