Iranian Students Returning from China Discharged from Quarantine: Minister
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – All of the Iranian students that were kept in quarantine after returning from the Chinese city of Wuhan –the epicenter of outbreak of the new coronavirus- have been discharged from quarantine without any health problem, Iran’s Minister of Health Saeed Namaki said.
In comments on the sidelines of a cabinet session on Wednesday, Namaki said all of the students have been discharged from quarantine, are safe and sound, and have joined their families after receiving a health certificate.
“We visited the site of quarantine. Thank God everything was alright,” the minister added.
Namaki had announced earlier that the Iranian students in quarantine had been tested negative, as the medical tests were being repeated every day to make sure that the students would be released at the end of the 14-day quarantine.
Hundreds of people have been infected by the Wuhan coronavirus in mainland China, Thailand, South Korea, Japan, and a number of the North American and European states.
The novel coronavirus has now killed more than 2,000 people, all but six of them in mainland China. It has infected more than 75,000 people, with over 1,000 cases outside mainland China.