Teenager Fatally Shot by Israeli Forces in West Bank

Teenager Fatally Shot by Israeli Forces in West Bank

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – A 19-year-old Palestinian named Musab Mujahid Kamel al-Matari was killed and another man wounded after Israeli forces opened fire on them near the town of Beit Anan in the occupied West Bank.

The men were injured after Israeli forces opened fire on them near the town of Beit Anan in the occupied West Bank, according to the Palestinian news agency Wafa.

Sources indicated that both Matari and an unidentified Palestinian were shot by Israeli forces before being arrested. Matari's family received the devastating news of his death.

In Tulkarem, at least four Palestinians were reported to have been killed by Israeli forces during a rare daytime raid, which escalated the already tense situation.

Simultaneously, Israeli forces carried out an incursion into the town of Beit Daqo, located northwest of occupied East Jerusalem al-Quds, where they destroyed a monument dedicated to Palestinians killed by the Israeli regime.

Fighting erupted between Israeli forces and Palestinians outside the Jenin refugee camp in the occupied West Bank, sparked by an Israeli attack on the camp.

Earlier in the day, gunshots were reported from the Tulkarm refugee camp. Confrontations have been ongoing in Tulkarm since Monday, resulting in at least nine recorded deaths in the past 24 hours, including two Palestinians who died while in Israeli custody.

Since the conflict began, a total of 164 people have lost their lives in the occupied West Bank, with approximately nine to ten of those casualties occurring in the last 24 hours.

Two of the deceased were prisoners who died in Israeli military custody after being detained on October 7. The conditions surrounding their deaths remain unclear, prompting demands from the Palestinian Prisoners' Association for more information and criticism of Israel's lack of transparency.

One of the detainees, Majeed Ahmed, was detained while his family was enduring the ongoing attacks in Gaza. Neither he nor his family were informed of the other's condition, underscoring the Israeli military's practice of preventing detainees from communicating with their families and denying them their rights and freedoms.

Over the past two days, Israeli forces have intensified their raids in the occupied West Bank, increasing in both frequency and intensity. Recent reports have described ongoing raids with the involvement of as many as 25 military vehicles and a significant number of military personnel in Tulkarem. These actions follow a rare daytime raid in Tulkarem, involving a small tactical unit that entered undercover in a civilian vehicle, resulting in the death of at least four people.

In the aftermath of the shooting, the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, the armed wing of the political Fatah group, released a video statement vowing revenge for the killings. A similar daytime attack in Bethlehem claimed the life of an 18-year-old Palestinian man and left others injured. Additionally, another individual was killed in Beit Hanan as Israeli forces opened fire on these men, intensifying an already volatile situation in the region.

Most Visited in World
Top World stories
Top Stories