Afghan Presidential Candidate Survives Blast
TEHRAN (Tasnim) - The Afghan Interior Ministry said a suicide bomber and a roadside bomb has struck the convoy of presidential candidate Abdullah Abdullah as it left a campaign event in the capital Kabul.
Friday's explosions killed four civilians but left the candidate himself unharmed.
In a televised statement shortly after the attack, Abdullah said he had not been harmed but that his security guards had been wounded.
The interior ministry spokesman said the toll was likely to rise, AP reported.