Reaction to Saudi-Led Aggression on Yemen to Surprise Everyone: Ansarullah
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – A senior member of Yemen's Ansarullah movement cautioned against the consequences of the continued Saudi-led war on the Arabian Peninsula country, saying that Sana'a's response to the attacks would "surprise everyone".
Mohammed Nasser Al-Bakhiti, who is a member of the political council of the Houthi Ansarullah movement, said the movement's likely reaction to the aggression would lead to very different consequences for the Saudi army compared to the 2010 Saudi incursion.
"Our decision on reacting to (the Saudi-led) invasion and how to do it will surprise everyone," he told the Lebanese-based Al Mayadeen TV channel.
He further stressed that the Houthis' stance on the resolution of the Yemeni crisis through dialogue and political means has not changed and the movement welcomes UN mediation in Yemen.
He noted, however, that Saudi Arabia is opposed to the peaceful resolution of the crisis and its aggression has impeded dialogues.
Riyadh and its allies started their deadly attacks on Yemen on March 26 in a bid to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
The attacks have killed near 2,600 Yemeni people so far, according to sources in the Arab country.