Hezbollah Official Calls Saudi War on Yemen "US-Backed Aggression"
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Lebanese Hezbollah Resistance Movement's second-in-command, Sheikh Naim Qassem, denounced the Saudi-led coalition’s continued attacks on Yemen as a “blatant act of aggression” under the US support.
“The war on Yemen and its people is a blatant act of aggression which is being carried out by Saudi Arabia and supported by the US,” Sheikh Qassem said in a meeting with visiting Yemeni religious leader, Shamseddin Sharafeddin, in Lebanon.
The prominent cleric added that the war on Yemen has no excuse other than denial of the Yemeni people’s rights to live with dignity and their rights of self-determination.
He further said the only way that will be in the interests of everybody in Yemen is the political resolution of the crisis in the country based on its people’ decision for their fate.
The remarks came as Yemen's defenseless people have been under massive attacks by a coalition led by the Saudi regime for nearly nine months.
On March 26, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies began to launch deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to the fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
According to Yemeni health ministry, the death toll from the Saudi-led war so far has reached more than 6,000 people, including over 1,250 children and 1000 women.