Iran’s Zarif: Saudi Arabia Taking Provocative Measures in Region

News ID: 1567959 Service: Politics
ظریف جانسون انگلیس

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif slammed the Riyadh regime for its recent comments against the Islamic Republic and said the kingdom is taking provocative measures in the Middle East region.

In a telephone conversation with British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson on Tuesday evening, Zarif rejected as false and provocative the Saudi-led coalition’s recent claim that Tehran is responsible for a Yemeni missile attack against Riyadh.

The Iranian top diplomat also said the dangerous claims are against the international law and the UN Charter.

During the phone call, the two sides also exchanged views about the latest developments in the region and the world.

On Saturday, a Riyadh-based media outlet reported that Saudi Arabia’s air force had intercepted a ballistic missile that had been launched from Yemen over the Saudi capital.

The Saudi-led coalition and US President Donald Trump have both blamed Iran for the missile attack, an allegation Tehran strongly denies.

The Yemeni ballistic missile attack came in retaliation for the continued massacre of civilians and destruction of Yemen’s infrastructure by the coalition led by the Riyadh regime.

Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than two years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.

Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.

    All Stories