Yemen Army Inflicts Losses on Saudi Mercenaries, Troops in Taiz, Jizan, Najran: Source
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Yemeni army and its allies targeted the positions of Saudi-backed mercenaries in Tazi as well as the Saudi regions of Jizan and Najran, leaving a large group of them dead and injured, a military source said.
On Saturday, Yemeni troops inflicted heavy losses on Saudi-paid mercenaries in the southwestern province of Taiz, while the Arab country’s snipers gunned down three mercenaries in Himiar front in Aldar Alsharqiya there, the source told the official Saba news agency.
Two Saudi soldiers were killed in the areas of Jadhea Nomir and Altabba Albayda in Hamidha district after the Yemeni army launched an attack against the kingdom's southwestern border region of Jizan in retaliation for the Riyadh regime's aggression on the impoverished Arab country.
Also, two Saudi troops were killed in the Saudi border region of Najran after the Yemeni forces shelled their positions in Raqabat Alzor.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for the past three years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Over 14,000 Yemenis, including thousands of women and children, have lost their lives in the deadly military campaign.