Yemen Warns of Targeting ‘Depth of UAE’ in Case of Escalation
- January, 12, 2022 - 17:03
- World news
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Mohammad al-Bakhiti, a member of Yemen’s Supreme Political Council, warned that Yemen will have no choice but to target the depth of the UAE if it continues to escalate the situation in the warn-torn country.
The official warned the UAE that Yemen will target "in depth" of the country if it continued to "escalate", after the Saudi-Emirati coalition attacked the provinces of Al-Bayda and Shabwa last week.
Al-Bakhiti in an interview with Al-Arabi from Sanaa said that the Yemeni army's missiles are ready to target the strongholds of "anyone who dared" to confront the country, stressing that what is happening is not the first aggression of the countries of aggression, and that the Yemeni Army and Popular Committees are ready to respond as quickly as possible.
"We advise the UAE not to continue to escalate, because then we will have to strike the Emirati’s depth, as we are in a state of war," he added, explaining that the UAE "had a tendency years ago to withdraw from its involvement in the aggression on Yemen, and we gave it this opportunity and froze targeting the depth of Emirates, but now it has returned to escalation."
Last Monday, the UAE-backed militias claimed to have captured the entire oil province of Shabwa, in the southeast of the country, from the Yemeni army.
However, the Spokesman for the Yemeni Armed Forces Brigadier General Yahya Saree stated last Wednesday that the country’sarmy troops and fighters from the allied Popular Committees have managed to liberate hundreds of square kilometers of land and inflict heavy losses on the United Arab Emirates' mercenaries during the latest advances in the southern province of Shabwah over the previous days.
He also noted that more than 510 militants and Daesh terrorists, including high-profile militant commanders, had been killed during the operations, while over 850 others have been wounded.
He added that more than 200 UAE-backed militants – better known by the nom de guerre the Giants – were also missing in action.
Saree said more than 100 armored vehicles belonging to the UAE-backed forces, in addition to a number of large and sophisticated cannons, had been destroyed in the process.
The senior Yemeni military official added that Yemeni armed forces have launched dozens of missile strikes against the positions of UAE mercenaries and Daesh terrorists in Shabwah, killing and wounding scores of them.
“Yemeni army soldiers and Popular Committees fighters continue to make sacrifices out of altruism as they confront Daesh elements and UAE mercenaries,” Saree said.
Saudi Arabia, backed by the US and regional allies, launched the war on Yemen in March 2015, with the goal of bringing the government of former Yemeni president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi back to power and crushing popular Ansarullah resistance movement.
The war has left hundreds of thousands of Yemenis dead, and displaced millions more. It has also destroyed Yemen’s infrastructure and spread famine and infectious diseases.
Yemeni armed forces and allied Popular Committees, however, have grown steadily in strength against the Saudi-led invaders, and left Riyadh and its allies bogged down in the country.